Thread: The P0087 Saga Continues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for that info Rich. When your truck coded that one time on the hottest tow did it limp or let you carry on? Thats my whole worry is being stuck on the side of the road with no shoulder and family on board. Also if the dpf is working I'm pretty well good to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clancy View Post
    Thanks for that info Rich. When your truck coded that one time on the hottest tow did it limp or let you carry on? Thats my whole worry is being stuck on the side of the road with no shoulder and family on board. Also if the dpf is working I'm pretty well good to order.
    Hi Paul,

It threw the code and I cleared it on the fly with the Edge, while towing up a big interstate hill. Never happened again.

I know my other move might have been to chop the afterburner, but I am not wired to go further away from stock. I think when the time comes to sell or trade up, being close to stock will help a bit on value for many prospective buyers -- if only to demonstrate I've not been hot rodding. Color me old school and conservative ..

Rich
    Rich Phillips
    Member #27
    2019 K-2500 Crew Cab Z71
    Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL Fifth Wheel
    In The Past: '82 6.2 Jimmy Blazer, '93 6.5 GMC K-2500, '01 DMAX K-2500, '09 DMAX K-2500

Kennedy ecm and edge insight in transit.

Thanks Rich (and John).

Got the edge cts2 and Kennedy ecm installed. First start did have change fuel filter on dic and oil life was down to 11per cent. Since both were fresh I reset olm and ff life. No cel, no p0087 but stored codes for def sensors and maf which I've not had previous. Cleared those. Emailed John and he said those were normal for first start. Went for a spirited drive and all was well - truck seems smoother with more pep for sure. Won't be towing for a while but looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clancy View Post
    Got the edge cts2 and Kennedy ecm installed. First start did have change fuel filter on dic and oil life was down to 11per cent. Since both were fresh I reset olm and ff life. No cel, no p0087 but stored codes for def sensors and maf which I've not had previous. Cleared those. Emailed John and he said those were normal for first start. Went for a spirited drive and all was well - truck seems smoother with more pep for sure. Won't be towing for a while but looking forward to it.

When we do an ECM swap the maintenance reminder percentages come over from the donor truck and need to be reset. DTC's should be automatically cleared after the ECM is flashed, but sometimes this is not the case. Drive it and see what it does. It may hit a point where it's unhappy about regen frequency to low, but it should work through that.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

All makes perfect sense and was what I was figuring was happening. Not pulling to the Oregon Coast until the fall but may have to do a test run for fun before that. We live at the base of a major pass that climbs to 5700ft 6.5% grade for 20 miles. Should be a good test in the heat.

Thanks John
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Did you do a lift pump as well, or did you already have one?

Rich
    Rich Phillips
    Member #27
    2019 K-2500 Crew Cab Z71
    Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL Fifth Wheel
    In The Past: '82 6.2 Jimmy Blazer, '93 6.5 GMC K-2500, '01 DMAX K-2500, '09 DMAX K-2500