Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
That little hose section behind the fan pulley is the turbo coolant supply. I've replaced mine twice, as well as a bunch of others. Not too complicated or difficult (replaced one in an RV park in less than an hour, once). I prefer the OEM spring clamps, as well, but used screw clamps the last time I replaced the line. I double-clamped it (4 clamps, 2 at each end), and it hasn't leaked since. I reused the OEM spring clamps the first time, and it began weeping rather quickly. As far as I know, mine wasn't/isn't pressurizing the coolant system, such as with a head gasket leak. GM/Duramax surely could have located the soft connection in a better place.
Thanks... Second the notion that GM could have located that hose somewhere with a little better access...

I may try a double screw clamp. The end with the best access is the one oozing.

By the way... And for everyone else, that hose is a 10mm internal dimension coolant hose. It looks like it may be 3/8", but 3/8" is a little small. The hose can be saved by squirting a little coolant on the pipe it is attached to and once the clamps have been loosened, work/move the hose all the way to the left (as you're facing the front of the engine). That should get you enough latitude to remove the coolant pipe that carries coolant to the turbocharger, or replace the hose/clamps if need be.