Thread: Duramax Head Gasket Replacement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink Head Studs V. Factory Head Bolts

https://youtube.com/shorts/pySyCI1lR...HunvXKqYnAoKzp

I know that the debate regarding whether to choose head studs or head bolts for a Duramax 6600 will likely never be completely resolved, but here's another voice that addresses the question...

I like Gale Banks. I've met him personally a couple of times, had dinner with him, and we've talked on the phone/email. But... Now, to be fair, the image he uses in this video of block deck bolt thread failure is NOT of a Duramax 6600. I don't know what engine is represented by that pic. You can see in the image in a previous post (of mine) what the block deck actually looks like in a Duramax 6600. The bolt holes are much different, and far less likely to fail like that shown in the Banks video.

Still... I believe Banks would be running studs and selling his own stud kits if he thought studs were either necessary or even just a better choice. Studs are a fairly expensive option. Gale is a businessman...
    Last edited by More Power; 11-27-2023 at 12:15. Reason: add