Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
Incidentally... I learned during the two Duramax head gasket projects here at TDP in 2021 that the final torque for the ARP head studs was identical to that produced by the factory TTY head bolt torque-angle setting. I used a torque wrench to install the TTY head bolts so I could measure final bolt torque during the final torque angle sweep. I was curious... This final torque value for either the ARP studs or the factory TTY head bolts for the Duramax wound up being 125 ft/lbs - identical between the ARP studs and what the torque angle setting wound up producing for the GM factory TTY head bolts. So... there is no more/less clamping load whether using TTY bolts or ARP studs. I found that very interesting...

There is quite a difference in clamping force yield between 125 lb/ft applied to and through the shank of a long bolt and through coarse threads using PST to seal versus a fine thread with a moly lube let alone the drag of the underside of a wide flange bolt.

I'm pretty sure we delisted the studs due to availability, price, and hassle. Not that I ever had an issue with telling someone they did not need something or biasing towards what I sold. If I were doing an engine that I wanted to last it would use studs.