Quote Originally Posted by Benzy351 View Post
When I put the socket on it and give it a twist it feels like it's turning, however, when I reach in by hand the only thing turning is the 6-point part of the plug (Collar maybe?) just spins. Holy moly this kinda freaked me out. But I didn't force things. Tried the 4th and it did the same thing.
Can you physically see the hex portion turning, but the spade where the wire hooks onto is staying still? If so, that is a failure I've not heard of. The threads of the hex are connected directly to that portion of the body of the glow plug.

It's not uncommon for the plugs to swell at the tips, causing the plugs to jam and not come out of the hole. I would suspect that what is happening is the plugs have rotated out far enough to disengage the threads from the hole, but the swollen tips are keeping them from coming any further out, which would make it seem like just the top parts of the plugs are moving. However, the whole top of the plug should be turning.

If that's the case, then you will need to pry the plugs out, or search on how to remove swollen glow plugs. There are even tools made to extract swollen glow plugs.

If you left the plugs loose when starting the engine, I'm surprised the compression of the engine didn't blow them out of the holes....

Casey