Thread: On the Road

BMDMAX Guest

Cool

Well guys, I am on the road! The new rig is working well and tows very nice. Got to St. Louis tonight with no trouble at all. Traffic was fairly light.

Fuel prices have been no problem, even with the "shortage". Truck and trailer did really well shooting the Monteagle today up through Tennessee. Pulled the hill as fast as I wanted to go and the Ally did great slowing down the 17K package coming down the grades.

No problems with heat either, it was 90 degrees today and I never got over 170 on the trans and maxed at 208 on the water towing 70 plus MPH all day long. Most of the time I was at 198 degrees. I don't know why some of the LLY trucks are having some serious heat problems but mine did great. Running the Edge on 2 or 3 is getting me between 10 to 11.7 MPG. I can't really complain about that pulling 10K at 70 plus.

Anyway, I will post pics and vids of the event as things progress.

Kennedy Guest

Couple things you have in your favor are boost and power When you hit hills at elevation she may start to warm up a bit, but mine never went totally nuts. Check your max ECT in records on the Attitude for reference.

BMDMAX Guest

Originally posted by kennedy:
    Couple things you have in your favor are boost and power When you hit hills at elevation she may start to warm up a bit, but mine never went totally nuts. Check your max ECT in records on the Attitude for reference.
    John, your EGT control mods flat out rock!