Thread: Is it really all it's cracked up to be?

Question

Hey, Since the Dmax has been around for a few years now, I was just wondering if it is really all that. I'm not meaning this in a put-down way, I just want to know because my next one may be a Dmax...or I just may keep my old faithful 6.2 and replace the engine when it's time.
    Greg

07 Cadillac DTS NHP, 86 Chevy C10 6.2L Silverado SWB Apple Red--sold, 2001 White VW New Beetle GLS TDi 50mpg! 1995 VW GTI VR6--sold and greatly missed!
    "Try not!...Do!...or Do Not!...There is No Try!"--YODA

Greg, so far so good for me. Starts easier and no comparision with power. Pulls like crazy and the Allison is nice. My 84 6.2L knows my 29ft Alpenlite fifth wheel is behind it and any incline slows it down. The Duramax does not slow down until a big grade. My 1984 truck seems more solid/truck like. It does not squat as much loaded. My new truck is more car like. I see more wear items needing repair earlier than the 84. I do not like the idea that I can not repair the electrical system on it. I have the LT model and love the heated seats even here in California. But I think they blew it on the design of the center console. So much wasted space! I hope someone/aftermarket comes out with a more useable replacement.