DmaxMaverick wrote:
Australian Lad

Why insist on an LLY?

An LB7 may be a better option for your application. They are much simpler an all respects, save one. The location of the injectors. If you were to get your hands on an LB7, upgrading the injectors before installing in a vehicle would not be that difficult, and added peace of mind after the install.

Disadvantages of the LLY would be EGR, Cat issues, computer controlled variable geometry turbo, more complicated computer issues, etc. More moving parts, more to go wrong. The LB7 seems, at this time, to be more friendly with computer programming changes.

In your location, availability and cost may be a big issue between the two.
I must admit i really dont know much about either motor! I had assumed that the LLY would be the more reliable motor as being a newer version? I had read on this site of the injector problems of the LB7 and assumed to keep clear of them. What percentage of these motors are having injector failures? This engine LB7 that i mentioned previously has done less than 1000 miles so would i reliable get 300000 miles out of it before needing work? Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Garry.