Racor- you the man!

<< 6) You state that a 10-mic pre-filter may be beneficial. I am using a Stanadyne 2-mic pre-filter that is clogging as soon as 2300 miles. It has a water bowl but has never had any water with the exception of a BB size droplet. The fuel in the bowl is very clean. There is a 5 and 10-mic element available for this head and bowl and I speculate it would probably go 10-12k miles which is my intended oem change interval with a 10-mic. Is this what you are suggesting as a possible benefit?

It sounds like you are plugging a little too soon, even for 2 micron. Find another diesel fuel station! A 10 micron will add some system life and let the OEM filter do some work. I'd rather you put a Racor on there of course. Our new 10 micron Aquabloc II is great stuff; very long life and 98% at 10 micron. >>

I don't understand why the bowl is so clean. I think the problem may have something to do with the media being so small. If you look in my pictures you can see that it is probably less than half the surface area of the oem.

Thank you for the reply.

PS- what series is the Aquabloc II filter in?

[ 03-12-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ]</p>