All,

I've got a 'flat nose' Revcon 250 (not GMC) motor home. It uses the second generation Toronado drivetrain, with the Olds 455.

The first question I have is, of the 6.2 or 6.5, which has the least amount of electronics? I'm not afraid of ECU's and sensors, but I'm trying to keep the engine as simple as possible. Do I have any other options, If I'm looking for an engine that's more mechanical by nature?

Assuming it turns out the 6.2 or 6.5 is actually a good idea, it appears I can easily bolt the GM block to the BOP bell housing, with an adapter plate. What I don't know is if the GM converter will slide into the Toronado chain drive unit. The TCI site makes me thing it will bolt right up. I'm not so sure.

What about engine mounts? Are the engine mounting points on the 455 and GM diesels (GM small block?), even close? I don't know anything about the Chevy/GM/BOP differences. Though, the pined thread tells me about the high points of the 6.2/6.5 engines.

The brakes, alt, AC, and all that other stuff, will be pretty easy, after I get the engine mounting details ironed out. Time consuming, but less of a worry, when compared to the engine/wiring details

It's a great tip to buy a diesel whatever, and do 2 swaps. If done right, I might get quite a bit of my money back. Excellent idea, indeed.

Great Forums. Thanks in advance for the help