Well, I have to admit this is slightly off topic as it is not in my diesel truck, however, I have been unable to get an answer from other sources and figured some here might have some insight. Well to start the saga off I had my tranny go south in the middle of a snowstorm almost 2 years ago at that time I lost reverse which is a common problem on plow trucks with the TH350. As I was not about to swap it out in below freezing temps I took it to a local recommended tranny shop, and it was rebuild supposedly with upgraded parts (I cannot remember what but I believe a 700 part is utilized to increase the strength of reverse). I was told "this should not break on you and if it does call me I stand behind my work, even if it is out of warranty [which was a year unlimited miles] as I know you don't drive it much." Well all worked well for the last few storms of the year, though I wasn't sure if it was upshifting into drive or not though it is hard to figure out as I don't tend to go that fast and with the wet snow here in Maine have a good foot into it. This last year while I was plowing I suddenly lost second and found that to get the truck to move forward at all I had to manually shift into first and then all was well in first but it would not upshift into second even if I tried to do so manually. I called the shop and explained that the truck only has 45 miles on the new tranny; and was told "since it is out of warranty I might be able to go 1/2 on the labor for you." At that I was not impressed so I thought I would look into it myself. Well, I procrastinated on looking into this and when I was doing some brake work this past week I noticed the vacuum line to the governor was off so I replaced it but to no avail. Now the snow is almost here and I am stuck either having to find another shop to fix this or fixing it myself, but I am not familiar enough with trannys to know where to start.

Thanks in advance.