So I've had this annoying squeek in the front end when turning after start up. While stationary I could turn the wheel lock to lock with no sound, but when moving, the squeek was bad on turns for the first one or two minutes. After that, nothing.
I put her up on the hydraulic jacks to do a lube and was shocked!!! at the play in the hubs. Driver's side was really, really bad, passenger side not so bad - but both were toast. I have 121,000 km on her.

An interesting sidelight here was two days ago as I was in the parking lot of the hardware store in Point Roberts, another K2500HD drove in with the same squeel when he turned. I spoke to the driver "Hey buddy, you got the same squeel I do." He responded by saying that he'd had it for a while, but that it was nothing more than some grease and lube needed on the front end, and that there was nothing 'structural' wrong with our trucks.

We were both wrong. I replaced both hubs this morning. The squeel is gone and the front end and steering feels good and tight. In addition to the squeel I had noticed that she wasn't tracking as solid as she used to. I attributed that to the softer side walled Michelin summers I just put on......

Anyways, the point I'm making is that if you have a squeel while moving and turning for the first few minutes after start up - Check your hubs!!!!

Tor