Thread: My injector question....2001 2500 HD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My injector question....2001 2500 HD

So I know that this has been posted 100's of times but I have a question that may or maynot be injector related.

To make a long story shorter..

Bought a used truck that had injector service at 100K (now has 115K), dont know what injectors were replaced.

After several hundred miles i notice that it is smoking very lightly at idle and the exhaust smells a little strong. Cheked the oil and there does not seem to be any Fuel in the oil.

Take it to the dealer cause he said the warranty was 11 years 200K(yes 11 years and I asked twice and he even asked his manager).

Dealer says 3 and 6 are unbalanced and they must do injector service before they replace them under warranty, Chevy policy.

$265 later they say that it is fixed and come and get it, I go get it and drive it home. Its still smoking at idle and by the way the Dealer told me the warranty is only 7 years, and apologizes the he was wrong...

So my question is...is it supposed to smoke at idle? Now this is a very light smoke and you have to be looking for it to see the smoke. By the way the Service Manager says that this is normal and it should smoke some.....but if I feel that there is something wrong bring it back and they will have another look.

Thanks for reading and any advice or feedback will be appreciated
    Last edited by Sinman; 08-24-2009 at 17:20.