We were towing last week going to the Quarter Horse Congress in Ohio pulling the hills on Route 68 when our truck lost power for about a minute or so and then the check engine light came on. I called On Star and they said they couldn't do diagnostics on the older trucks just the new ones. We have 17,000 miles on the truck. This same problem also happened last year and our dealer updated the computer and it has been fine until now.
We made it to Colombus without any further problems and the truck ran fine .
A Dealer, Couglin GMC/Chevy dealer that sponsers the All American Quarter Horse Congress
took our truck from the fair grounds to one of thier dealerships and checked it out.
They said it needed a turbo vane position sensor. They said it would be three weeks before they could get one because they were on back order. They cleared the codes and the truck ran fine on the way home for about 120 miles and then same thing happened again. It ran fine the rest of the trip. Our dealer at home has ordered the part. I just wanted to say how great the Couglin dealer was, they drove our truck to thier dealership and back to the fairgrounds for us and offered to fix it if we were back in the area in three weeks.
They went above and beyond and are #1 one my book.
Don't get me wrong our Dealer,Bogley Chevrolet back home is great also.
It's just nice to get treated that way when your on a trip.
We are waiting to see how long it is before the part is available. I am glad that our truck is bone stock, I was told that GM is looking for any mod whatsoever on the truck to void the warranty. I would like to put a boost guage and EGT guage on our truck, but if they see that the dealer said GM is taking the position that an engine mod was likely. I guess that would be a fight. Another dealer said that they had gotten a surprise inspection from GM to look at a truck. OH well, I'll let you know how it goes.