I'm planning on swapping in a inline four cylinder diesel to my 1996 Chevy S10.

I would like to do a waste vegetable oil setup on it.

I can weld and stuff, and I have no issues making stuff up. I dont want any computer controlls or anything like that.

My plans so far were to make a fuel cell to fit in the bed to hold the veggie oil, and keep my stock fuel tank.

I was thinking of putting a filter after the waste veggie oil tank, and the same for the stock fuel tank. Use a solenoid valve on each tank and have them Y into the stock fuel line that goes to the front. I would do the same for the return, so when the WVO switch is on, it will feed and return wvo to the right tank, and when the diesel switch is on, it will feed and return diesel to the right tank.

One thing I'm not sure about is, fuel pumps. I think will not use the stock GM fuel pump. Is there some sort of fuel pump I can use for diesel and is not mounted in the tank?

What about fuel lines, is there any special ones? I think my truck has steel lines from the tank till the firewall somewhere.

I'm not sure what engine I will be going with yet, is there any engines that I cannot use?

I will be running coolant lines into the tank to heat the WVO, what temperature does it need to be at?

I've done some reading online and I haven't found too much.

I do know that I have to start and warm the truck up with diesel, and purge the system with diesel before shutdown. Also, is there specific length of time required to purge the system?