Not sure where to start...but if you want photos, I don't have any just yet.

I have been interested in alternative fuels for quite some time but not really done anything about it. I recently picked up an '84 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz from an estate auction, one owner 123K and belonged to fella' who ran a very reputable auto repair business. Well, with camping, the dogs and three kids, it didn't take long to figure out the Cadi just wasn't gonna' have a permanent home here, so....

I traded it straight across for an '86 Suburban, 6.2, High Sierra. It's a bit beat up, and has a few issues that I'll do some searching on before I post. Runs great, the guy I got it from was an Army heavy equipment mechanic. It's a 9 passenger, rear air, 2wd and it's PURPLE. So there's my sign on name...lol...

Glad to have found the site, I had been heavily involved in Datsun's for a couple of years recently, and Saab 900's for many years before that. I'm a decent mechanic, and I look forward to figuring out all the diesel doohickeys.

The truck has a BIODIESEL sticker on the back, I think it's one of the Sequential stickers. I'm not sure if it will currently run on anything other than #2 at the moment, but I have a stack of receipts in the truck for a tranny rebuild, injector pump rebuild and the engine replacement (at some distant point in the past).

Kids and I tore the headliner down for recovering, and generally soaked and cleaned most of the interior. It cleaned up well, but will need a few trim bits to be complete.

The passenger side valve cover seal is pretty much gone, and it's been gone for some time. The control arm bushings (and a bunch of others) are rotten from being oil soaked, I have an appointment to have a bunch of front end work done this Friday, and intend to have the valve covers resealed before that happens. I have no time to do it myself, so I'm stuck throwing money at it (which is in short supply these days). The tranny seems to hesitate on the downshift, but if I manually let off the throttle it will switch gears. Sticks in 2nd now and then and really howls 'til you let off and let it shift. Needs shocks and barn door seals, but otherwise it looks to be a pretty good trade. I go through about 6-10 cars a year, but I plan to keep this one for some time. It took me a long time to find one that I could afford. I'd like to get several years out of it, which means doing it right and saving to have it done if I can't do it myself.

I'll get photos up as soon as my photographer wife deems this truck worthy of her camera...