Just had ANOTHER steering shaft replaced. And this is AFTER the tech HEARD the noise WITH me IN the truck on a test drive. It was replaced anyway after I put up a quiet argument about how the steering wheel sounds as if it's going to fall in my lap but troubleshooting never seems to find anything. And then there's the "Are you satisfied with your service today?" scene. Should have been there. No cussing. No yelling. No loss of composure. But you'd be surprised how few words it takes to render someone speechless. They won't underestimate me again. now I bring the bad news. After I replace a cracked water sensor(my fault, but I won't get into it, I know it's my fault), I'm getting rid of it. Sorry, but this whole steering shaft issue has pushed me over the edge. Shame that only one part has ruined everything. And I'm not replacing anything until the original works as it's been promised. Sorry, but this thing has to go. Too bad, too. New brakes are fantastic and I just had BFG MT's put on for the snow.
It's been real fun with you guys, from my beginnings with my 6.2 Jimmy, to my Ebay 6.5 k3500, and on with the Duramax, you guys have been great.