Hello,
I've got a 6.5 reman long block being delivered tomorrow. I will be replacing a 6.2 in 1985 one ton truck with it. The truck has the 4 speed manual transmission with an Atlas overdrive. My plan is to use a Banks turbo kit on it. Now I am hoping to get some input on the best way to complete this thing. the more I research, the more confused I get. There are a thousand things out there that would seem to be just what I "need"...

1. I am planning on converting it to a serpentine belt system. What year am I looking for ideally? '97 with a duramax fan sounds very popular, but how much fabrication is involved? There are some pretty pricey aftermarket water pumps on the market, are they necessary? Single thermostat or double? I don't tow a lot, but if I had to...I'm building this with the idea of a cab over camper while towing a boat.

2. What Injection pump and injectors will suit this? It sounds like the DB-4911(?) is the pump, How do you all feel about the +45 h.p. injectors?

3. F code intake? It seems to be talked about a lot, but I am hard pressed to find anybody actually claiming any noticable benefits. My lower intake has the EGR stuff and the two part chamber.

4. Oil pump?

5. Lift pump?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm not real interested in excessive scavenger hunts for parts and pieces, too much other stuff on my plate at the moment. Nor do I have the time, knowledge or skill set for a whole lot of fabrication. Thanks in advance.