Thread: 6.5 TD Highway Mileage Poll by GMC Hauler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The data crunching is complete.

I have finished putting together the data. I had to fit the data as best as possible. I assumed 195 is the stock
    thermostat setting (if it is different, please advise). Also, Ogrice, I did not use yours becasue of the propane use,
    it would introduce too many variables.

As you can see, i had to break it up into 2 sections, because it was too long.
    This is sorted top to bottom from highest mileage to lowest. Most of the lower gear ratios (3.23) were concetrated near the top.
    The 4.10's were sprinkled throughout, which was surprising.

The other trend I noticed is that the higher mileagers were electronic boost control, where the lower mileagers were dominated by mechanical.
    I have been thinking of switching back to electronic boost control for this reason, although I don't want to use the factory vacuum pump.

Good Day!

Any chance of getting this in spreadsheet form? If so, you could private message me your real email address, & I'd give you my real email address, to which you could attach this spreadsheet to an email.

Looks like that moondoggie feller is near the top. Did he tell you he's a pathological liar?

Blessings!

(signature in previous post)

Quote Originally Posted by moondoggie
    Good Day!

Any chance of getting this in spreadsheet form? If so, you could private message me your real email address, & I'd give you my real email address, to which you could attach this spreadsheet to an email.

Looks like that moondoggie feller is near the top. Did he tell you he's a pathological liar?

Blessings!

(signature in previous post)
    You've got mail.

Everyone can get it in spreadsheet form if they wish, just PM me your email address.

I can continue to add data. I'll do it in batches of 5 as it is entered.

The next update I make wil have an overall gear ratio instead of the tire size and rear end ratio.
    Alot more accurate that way.
    Last edited by GMC Hauler; 06-30-2006 at 17:07.