Thanks for the replies, Jim and Mark. I can tell you that I like to keep my trucks factory, so I won't be adding any aftermarket performance stuff... I have to ask, what are ya'll referring to when you say "LLM trucks", "LLY", and "LB7"?? I keep seeing those things and I'm clueless....

Mark, that's a real good point about the resale issue. I wasn't aware of that. I sold my '02 after a little over a year and about 15k for a few thousand less than I paid for it new. It was the best truck I've ever owned and the resale was fantastic. I really like the new body style, but sounds like it's more than worth it to get one with a few miles on it.

So, how is the ULSD going to affect the pre '07 model trucks? Are there other emission issues that are going to cause diesel ownership to be a pain? And even though I am 99.9% sure I wouldn't buy anything but a Chev/GMC, do we know anything about the new powerstroke and cummings? Are they coming out with those new engines strickly because of emissions issues?