Thread: Make it easy to dispense fuel additive...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool

Hi
    I use a FTTP product in my truck. When i go to fill up i turn the diesel nozzle upwards,pour the additive in the nozzle,then put it in the tank and start filling,i figger that the additive will get the maximum mixing that way.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Arrow

Yukon, That's a neat trick.... I wonder how many ounces it takes to fill the nozzle?

A commercial opportunity exists for the aftermarket to produce an easy to use, no spill - no mess way to measure and accurately dispense fuel additive. Frankly, I'm surprised the additive manufacturers haven't done it. They would sell more additive because people would be more inclined to use it - more of the time.

Another thing that should be done is, the bottles should be labeled in large type indicating how many ounces (or ml) should be added for a 26 gallon tank and/or a 34 gallon tank (Stanadyne comes close to doing this on the side of the bottle). People can do the math for less than a full tank.

Jim

For several years now I have been using the bottles I ordered from United States Plastic Corp. They make it easy to measure the number of ounces I need at each fillup. I ordered them online. If I managed to do this right, the address below will show the bottle I use.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=20700
    2003 Duramax/Allison 3500 Silverado ext. cab 4x4; J&J Tubeless Tapered Running Boards, Retrax cover, Line-X

Talking

Dmaxprof:

That bottle is very similar to the bottle that I described in the above post.
    The one that I use has the same type of bottle on a bottle and is marked off in ounces 1 thru 4. By tipping over the bottle, fluid will fill the attached bottle to exactly 4 ozs. Being marked off 1 oz increments makes easy to dispense in lessor amounts for maybe a half tank of fuel.
    It works very well for me.
    Denny
    2018 GMC Denali HD 2500 L5P.

The Sta Bil bottle works good. Amsoil's newest additive comes in 16 oz. bottles with a long skinny neck with clear marks every 2oz and a treat rate of 1oz per 5 gal. works real well also.
    Dad's truck
    02 GMC Crewcab Dually Duramax Allison 4x4
    Amsoil Ea Air Filter
    Post OEM Mega Fuel Filter;
    FilterMag on Fuel & Oil;
    Fumoto Drain Valve
    Kennedy Diesel Performance ECM
    Gauges; Kennedy Diesel Lift Pump
    Sheffenecker Mirrors

Sold
    05 GMC Crewcab Shortbed Duramax Allison 4x4...

Dad's truck also (My daily driver)
    2007 Classic Crew Cab 3500 Dually
    Kennedy Diesel Mega post Fuel filter
    Kennedy Diesel Lift pump & EGR blocker Package & fingers stick
    Bilstein shocks
    Amsoil synthetic oil and filters
    FilterMag on fuel and oil
    Fumoto drain valve
    Amsoil Dealer

Default Measuring Fuel Additive

Hello,

I know this is an old topic but take a look at the EzyPor it works great with my additive.