James,

I tow a 7500lb 5th wheel with my 94 K2500. Your truck is rated at 13,500lb Combined Gross Weight (truck and trailer) with 3.73, The Pyro for EGTs is a must and I suggest pre-turbo. Kennedy has a good product with instructions. Next is to change out the downpipe from the turbo and for that matter - change out the exhaust. As mentioned before, 3 inch downpipe and 3.5 the rest of the way will really help to cool off EGTs. I bought Kenndy's and couldn't be happier. It went on very easy and has been on for almost 4 years and still looks new. Keeping the torque converter locked will help with tranny temps. I use a BD torque locker. A bit pricey but it does work. Long grades will be slow. Keep an eye on the EGTs or you will melt something important while towing that much weight. Start backing off at 1200F (pre-turbo), and keep it below 1050F for most crusing. Also on those long slow grades - keep an eye on the tranny temps. Synthetic ATF will help protect things if you exceed 220F. Fuel milage will drop significantly above 60-65 mph. But if you want to do 70-75 mph, get a Duramax! (we can dream, can't we!) Good luck and watch the pyro!