Thread: 700r4 retrofit need advice

Question 700r4 retrofit need advice

help !!! i need some one who can show me an illustration of a diagram how to hook up the tv cable to my just installed 700r4 where a turbo 400 was , in my 85 cucv with 6.2 diesel . i cant seem to find any info or illustrations about 6.2 conversion just gas engine vehicles. any body?? jgctp@bayou.com

First, get the correct TV cable. One for a late 80's Blazer with a 6.2 is a good application to use when buying a cable.

Next, you need to source the no-longer-produced TV cable bracket and extension rod. The bracket bolts to the back of the valley. The TV cable attaches to that bracket, then the rod attaches to the cable and to the throttle lever on the injection pump. I had to search through a few wrecking yards before I found mine.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Default 700r4 retrofit

appeciate the reply, you dont happen to have a pic of what the bracket looks like or exactly where it bolts?jgreen5@jam.rr.com

Bracket bolts to the driver's side head, in the rear of the valley. It uses the same bolts as one of the water ports.

1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Default 700r4 retofit.

thanks can the bracket be bolted onn without removing the intake>?

Quote Originally Posted by partbirddog
    thanks can the bracket be bolted on without removing the intake>?
    Sure, I think there is enough room to snake that thing underneath the intake and above the injection lines (mainly the rod).

The rod will connect to a peg on the throttle arm on the IP.

J

Corrected!!! Cause the rod is between the intake and the lines, not underneath the lines, duh.
    Last edited by john8662; 05-23-2007 at 14:46.

Quote Originally Posted by partbirddog
    thanks can the bracket be bolted onn without removing the intake>?
    Yes.

Yes it will (darn "your message must be at least 10 charaters...what happened to simple yes/no answers?)