Thread: 84 prop valve

Default 84 prop valve

The block above the rear axle where the rear brake lines go in and out of is leaking. I'm guessing its the prop valve but I read that its actually in the front of the truck. I can't find the rear block anywhere and someone told me that I can eliminate it. I am hesitant to since its there for a reason. Any way to take it apart and fix it or do I need to find another??? Or can it be eliminated?
    1984 K2500 6.2 AOD

2001 Dodge Cummins

Too many Mustangs

Default Proportioning valve?

I think you are right, the proportioning valve is closer to the master cylinder.The block you are refering to is pretty much just a T fitting that the brake supply lines fit into ,to supply the rear brake cylinder's. Doesn't it have 3 brake lines in it? Mine sprang a leak on it and it was just a wheel cylinder line. Just clean it off so you can see wich line is leaking and replace the line. Advance auto has lots of diferent sizes
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

on the heavy trucks (1tons mostly, maybe some 3/4tons) there is a load-sensing valve, its hooked up with a metal arm that senses how far the axle is away from the frame (basically how loaded the truck is) and it restricts brake pressure to the rear depending on how loaded.
    1985 M1008
    (k30 for the civi' minded people)
    my photo album
    6.2L (banks turbo installed)
    6" suspension lift
    38.5" ground hawg radials on H1 double-beadlocks
    cross-over steering
    rear disc brakes

Where does it leak from, where the arm goes in?
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren96 View Post
    Where does it leak from, where the arm goes in?
    Yeah on the side there is a circular piece and it leaks from there. Is it neccessary to keep in on or can I eliminate it?? My truck is a 3/4 ton but it has a dump body and I use it for landscaping and towing.
    1984 K2500 6.2 AOD

2001 Dodge Cummins

Too many Mustangs

remove it, with the weight of that dump box, you won't have any braking issues.
    1985 M1008
    (k30 for the civi' minded people)
    my photo album
    6.2L (banks turbo installed)
    6" suspension lift
    38.5" ground hawg radials on H1 double-beadlocks
    cross-over steering
    rear disc brakes

sweet thanks
    1984 K2500 6.2 AOD

2001 Dodge Cummins

Too many Mustangs