Thread: Gas to diesel

Smile Gas to diesel

Hello everyone, I`m digger1803(newbie), Converting my 84 K-20 from gas to 6.2, already have motor, no wiring harness, looking to do the simple conv. need all available info on doing it simple, was a 24 volt motor, glow plugs and 12 volt fuel shut-off, and 12v cold idle is what I have, planning on using a timed glow plug sel.& controller, any thing else would be appreciated, also need to make a wiring harness for glow plugs what size wire, and what size fusiable link?
    Thanks for any imput Digger 1803

Smile glow plug harness

Digger welcome to the group

now down to your conversion I would use a glow plug controller from a p30 step van say 1999 model year. you can still order the harness from gm and controller very simple it hook up all wires correct size and fuseable links already installed basically plug in play you could use 60G glow plugs also.

good luck

I might have all the part numbers if you need them when I get back to work next week
    2003 CHEVY 4500 DURAMAX/ALLISON 14'
    SERVICE CRANE BODY 16,500 LBS 14.5 MPG
    1998 K3500 SRW CREW CAB TRANSPLANTED 6.5TD ELECTROINC INTO, HEATH COMPUTER, 40+HP INJECTORS, 4" EXHAUST, VACUUM ELEMTINATOR ON TURBO,UPGRADED COOLING WITH ALL GM PARTS,NO VACUUM PUMP, SST OIL COOLER LINES MADE LOCALY FRACTION OF THE COST, 3" TOURBO/BOOST GAUSGE ALL IN ONE, ADDED GEAR DRIVE GREAT HELP WITH STARTING TIME DOESN'T JUMP AROUND ANY MORE, INTERCOOLER 3" INLET AND OUTLET COOLER 12x24x4, ALSO ADDED MANDEL BENT CROSS OVER, HAD TRUCK REPAINTED AND OPUT ON ALUM FLAT BED

Welcome.Take lotsa pics during the conversion then show them to us
    Shane

Are you looking for a diesel engine harness ?

Hey Digger , can you PM me your email address ?

Default lookin for digger

digger, how did you make out with your conversion and where in central pa are you, I live on the eastern side and would like get in touch to see what was entailed in your project. I have an 83 k10 that i'm looking to convert to diesel. email me at mike@musmanno.com if you don't mind. thanks.