I was involved in boats years ago and we always ran BB Chevies of 454 to 500 Cubes in our racers

We used a retired race boat as our weekend warrior to ski behind.
The pleasure boat had a 396 chevy with a 671 Huffer up top and some huge Carbs to flush the fuel though the thing

The idea of a 6.5 diesel is not a bad one. The 6.5 with a couple turbos would be sweet.

Run dual turbos and turn the IP up to the limits.

The 6.5 will spin fairly well and it will grab revs plenty fast enough for any pleasure needs.

Stay away from Bronze/ brass props though. Go with a tri blade stainless.

As daddy always told me, when they shed a blade it never goes out or
down. This = WET butt.

Depending on the size of the boat and the prop,the proper gearing can put the little 6.5 right in its sweet spot.

No reason at all that the 6.5 can't spin along at near governed speed for periods of time.

The thing with a boat is that there is no coast, the prop is loaded all the time that there is power to the shaft.

Now what would be cool is a Drag boat type hull with a well chromed up and painted 6.5 with a set of wild chrome over the transom exhaust coming off the turbos.

Definately have some fun with this beast. Cruise by the beach with all the folks watching and belch forth a cloud of black smoke on their picnic Ohhhh Yes you will be the life of the party.

Be sure to use longer tow ropes so the little cuties back there wont get their Bikini's all sooted up.

I want to see this when its finished

Best

Robyn