Thread: New clutch, still slips. Zoom parts?

Default New clutch, still slips. Zoom parts?

Hi, I'm a newbie and haven't had a GM diesel before, only Dodge diesels.

Bought a 1984 GMC K1500 4x4 with a manual on eBay. Yes, a real pig-in-a-poke but I like challenging projects (I think ) Clutch went out on it and since I'm basically homeless until I close on my place, it had to go to the shop. Turns out the clutch kit is a new Valeo, and the flywheel is freshly resurfaced. Pending the machine shop checking the flywheel, I'm guessing wrong parts since apparently there's not good contact and no evidence of leakage, breakage, malalignment, etc. I'm ordering all new parts but haven't decided on a Zoom heavy duty kit or Centerforce Dual Friction from Summit, nor what brand of flywheel. Any experience with these? Anyone try something else better?
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][I][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER]Bored people are boring people.[/CENTER][/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

Default Update FWIW

Zoom clutch is awesome! Got the tranny rebuilt, could find no fault with the aforementioned clutch parts. Alas, it's back in the shop because the new 2nd gear synchronizer isn't synchronizing well.

If anyone could share any thoughts regarding the apparent failure of the previous clutch, it would be appreciated.

Brakes, radiator, wiring repair are next on this project's list. I haven't had the truck long, but I'm considering converting the Corvette to a 6.5L since it only gets 24 mpg right now.
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][I][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER]Bored people are boring people.[/CENTER][/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

A little late now, but take a look at this thread:
    http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/t...ad.php?t=31207
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423