I used to go to the car (truck) lots and look at the new vehicles, I used to actually care what was coming out and waiting for Diesel options in SUV's, smaller trucks, and cars. But I don't get an option, in reality, they don't make a vehicle (none of the big 3) that I'm interested in paying for, for the 5 or more year duration. I really don't go looking any more, just the used car lots for that old 6.2 or 6.5 hiding out abandoned. It's not just because I'm cheap, it's I'm completly un-interested in what they're offering. From the tone in this thread, I'm certainly not alone. I have no desire for another 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck just to get a Diesel, have one, don't want another.

I love driving (lately) of the 1982 SHORT BED 6.2's I have, get's better fuel economy than a new gasser, and it's a cool truck that sounds sweet. Just don't have anything close in new. Piss on GM, Ford, and Goats...

The big 3 should probably just ramp up reproduction parts and keep the older stuff on the road, because their new stuff just plain sucks (sales show it too).