Thread: colorado 6.5

Default colorado 6.5

whats up i am Brian from colorado, blew up the 6.5td 2 years ago, drove the suburban (383ci) hard pulling till a couple rods decided then wanted out mid way up the hill, building the 6.5 for the burban now.

going together with forged crank, low comp pistons, 40+ injectors, water meth, inter cooler, cooling sys upgrade and what ever else i need to make it tow! thats why i joined!!

rogers is offline Where there's smoke.... There's fire!

Sounds like a great plan, I too am in the middle of a rebuild. Nice pics!

I am no expert but I have been told that you shouldn't have both intercooler and water injection. Reason being that the intercooler prevents the water from having the desired affect. Like I said I am no expert, just thought I would pass it along.
    1996 GMC K3500 Crew Cab Dually 8ft bed
    Rebuilt engine 2/10 18:1 pistons, forged crank, Fluidamper, dsg gear drive timing, high flow oil pump, rebuilt GM8, turbomaster, Kennedy ECM, 4" exhaust, wrapped cross-over and down pipe, '98+ cooling, Duramax fan, aftermarket oil cooler and hoses
    Rebuilt tranny 2/10

not the case at all, we have an automotive shop and dyno, i have pulled lots of trucks before and after and it makes a very noticable difference. i will run it both ways with dyno numbers, after assembly. thanks for the encouragement ordering parts next week.

need to get in the other threads and read more!!!

does anyone change rods or will they hold up fine?
    also 37's fit with six and some trimming? going to lift the burb, leaves pavement for dirt road and i dont like the "tire under truck look" i would like to tuck it in the well a little. what do you guys think of baja fenders?
    http://www.LundstedtAutomotive.com

'94 6.5 burban, cryogenically treated block, 18:1 and forged crank on their way and more goodies to ship when i get the long block together, including extended life turn signal indicator fluid, chromed exhaust bearings, cross drilled brake lines and an oil bypass kit. to mention a few.