Since getting the 89 Blazer back in December, it has always had a hard banging noise in the back end.

This sounded like it was coming from the tail gate area. Further investigation of the gate revealed nothing.

Went to snooping deeper and found that the nut on the rear most body mount on the LH side was missing.

Could not find any good Pix of the assembly so I got to looking into the area through the access hole in the lower frame rail.

Now this area is inaccessable without removing the fuel tank, Period.

Careful study revealed that the lower portion of the mount was still in there and wedged between the frame and the side of the fuel tank.

A little coaxing with a bar and a hammer and it was back to where it belonged over the portion of the upper piece that protrudes through the frame rail.

After some carefull prodding the bolt was sticking through the lower portion enough to get the nut on.

I robbed a heavy washer headed nut from the similar part on the 87 Burb and within a few minutes had the little sucker screwed on and tight.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSs a trip down the rough road out here and all is quiet as it should be. NO more BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG on the pot holes.

I was betting that the only way that this beast was going to get fixed was to yank the fuel tank down out of the chassis.

A vey nice end to this here Saturday

Missy