I am a new memeber who logged on to try to find any info concerning 04 max transfercase leak, I now consider myself an expert! I resealed my transfercase three times to find it still leaking. After reading a ton of chat page info I was told by a GM master tech about the transfercase pump spring breaking causing the pump to rub a hole through the back case. This is what had happened to mine and I called the GM 1-800 number for goodwill consideration (I only have 84k miles). The supervisor I talked to denied any goodwill help and even denied that GM had any knowledge of this problem. So here is the skinny GM knows it has a problem due to the fact that I found a service bulletin number PIP4118 from GM stating 1998-2007 new venture tranfercases oil pump wear clip WILL BREAK OR MOVE OUT OF POSITION causing the pump to wear a hole in the case. So, in short if you have this problem you are on your own (no help form the GM mother ship) and even if you get a new case half make sure it has the new clip GM part number 89059653. If you use the old clip you run the risk of once again poking a hole in your case. I really expected more from GM this is my third 2500 hd.