Quote Originally Posted by BigRabbitMan View Post
That leaves Question #1. The reason for this question is that I am considering going with an Allison 2550 due to my driveline parking brake requirement. I would like to have it with the wide grear ratio if I can get it flashed as a 6 spd by Allison. If that can be done, then the question above is very pertinate as it is pointless if the LBZ will only function properly with a GM TCM.
After many discussions and consideration of verious factors, the decision has been made to use the Allison from the donor vehicle and its control module. I will not have the wider ratios for the first couple of gears, but I can live with that.

I have confirmed with the Allison technical advisor of Allison West that the GM 1000 can be converted from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive with provisions for the standard driveline brake which is a requirement in my case. He will be researching the part numbers to pass along. The transfer case will be removed and the correct tail housing and tail shaft will be installed. He may also have a buyer for my transfer case!

Pictures of the donor vehicle (2006 Sierra 2500) are here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/579528614eUJYCC

As we move throught this project pictures will be added to that album.

A vacuum pump from a 2002 Lb7 has been secured to provide the vacuum needed for the brakes. I am still in need of a second alternator with bracket and an idler so that I will have a dual alternator setup.

Repair manuals have been purchased and have arrived so that wiring needs can be studied and the best procedure for removeing the harnesses from the donor can be developed.

... to be continued ...