Thread: one piece drive shaft rubbing

I know this has been discussed before, however my search could not locate the post. My one piece drive shaft is rubbing on the bearing mount after being replaced for the 2 piece shaft. I remember a post and pictures a year or two ago where someone had the frame cut down by a dealer who apparently ruined his frame by cutting back too much of the bearing mount. Can someone give me more info as I am taking my truck in monday for this problem and I would like it done properly.

Thanks
    Ed

If that drive shaft is rubbing I'd have those rear wheels jacked up and rotate the drive shaft with a runout gauge at the shafts center to see if the shaft got bent.

good luck
    GMC 2002 DURAMAX, SLT, EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD, 4X4, AUTO
    ACCESS TONNEAU COVER, 3" STAINLESS TUBE STEPS
    JORDAN BRAKE CONTROLLER
    34ft 10,000 lb TRAILER, 50 GAL TRANSFERE FLOW TANK (total 76 gals)

The bearing mount (the flat plate) was supposed to be completely removed from the crossmember, but the crossmember was not supposed to be touched. If yours was done any other way, then the dealer made a big goof. I'd push for a new driveshaft on the grounds that yours has been damaged by the contact with the bearing mount that wasn't supposed to still be there.

Here's a previous thread about a mistake made while updating to the one-piece drive shaft: http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-b...c;f=7;t=002763