Thread: Replaced the stolen 01 withy a 03 Now questions

Default Replaced the stolen 01 withy a 03 Now questions

The 03 I just brought home has 2 keys, Put one key in, display says driver 1. Other key says Driver 2. How does the truck know the difference? Can I get normal keys cut for spares?

The radio is the 6 disc changer (so I am told). It has a AM FM CD and AUX functions. Does this mean there is buried somewhere an AUX input that I could run an Ipod into the system?

This truck has way more toys than this country boy can comprehend...

Thanks for any insight
    1999 K1500 Sub, Wont tow but what a family car
    1999 Dodge 3500 4x4 6sp Cummins, with the needed goodies
    2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 auto Cummins, Will make even a Cummins engineer smile
    2001 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC 4x4 shortbed, Finally able to test the JK reprogram.......

Quote Originally Posted by markelectric View Post
    The 03 I just brought home has 2 keys, Put one key in, display says driver 1. Other key says Driver 2. How does the truck know the difference? Can I get normal keys cut for spares?
    Yes.
    The radio is the 6 disc changer (so I am told). It has a AM FM CD and AUX functions. Does this mean there is buried somewhere an AUX input that I could run an Ipod into the system?
    Yes, but you'll need an adapter.

This truck has way more toys than this country boy can comprehend...
    Yes.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thank You Dmax

Where to go to buy the adapter? What do I ask for?

Again Thanks for the help
    2001 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC 4x4 shortbed, Finally able to test the JK reprogram.......

Arrow

Any mobile audio shop should be able to set it up. If you want to DIY, look at Ebay # 371383765116 (as an example). The correct kit is simple to install, and are essentially plug 'n play. This is only one of many options available, so read the descriptions carefully. These kits make it simple to connect almost any audio input to the aux. circuit of the factory radio, like in the newer vehicles. If you need help finding the right kit for your truck, let me know. Many of them are dependent on specific options your truck was delivered with.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

The two mobile radio shops both looked at me like a deer in the headlights when I asked about this. Both tried to steer me into a modulator to go in the antenna line.

The truck I want to try this on is a 2003 2500HD with Bose 6 disc changer and the rear drop down dvd player. What more info do you need? Is your previous link the ideal choice?

Thanks

Arrow

The two mobile radio shops both looked at me like a deer in the headlights when I asked about this. Both tried to steer me into a modulator to go in the antenna line.

The truck I want to try this on is a 2003 2500HD with Bose 6 disc changer and the rear drop down dvd player. What more info do you need? Is your previous link the ideal choice?

Thanks
    This is the important information needed. The kit I referred earlier (ebay # 371383765116) will work with your equipment. What it does, is place a switched module between your CD changer and radio, allowing you to switch between the CD changer and the device you plug in (ipod or whatever). It should be plug 'n play, so to speak. I suggest contacting the ebay seller (replacementradios) with the information you have, and let them make a recommendation. They have dozens of options. Different kits may appear different, but they are all basically the same, with different appearance, buttons or switches.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

I bought a unit called an Isimple with an adapter for my 2003 Silverado. Hook up a switched 12V positive and a ground, plug the adapter cable into the back of the radio. It has a 3.5MM headset connector cable that I dropped into the little cubby next to the ash tray. Pull out the wire, plug into the headset connector on my phone, iPod, or iPad, tap the aux button on the radio. It works well, and cost less than $75.

Bob
    tufcj

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj View Post
    I bought a unit called an Isimple with an adapter for my 2003 Silverado. Hook up a switched 12V positive and a ground, plug the adapter cable into the back of the radio. It has a 3.5MM headset connector cable that I dropped into the little cubby next to the ash tray. Pull out the wire, plug into the headset connector on my phone, iPod, or iPad, tap the aux button on the radio. It works well, and cost less than $75.

Bob
    tufcj
    This is the importance of the questions and necessary info. The "iSimple" adapter installs at the radio Aux. connector, meaning it will replace an existing Aux. device, or allow for one if none is installed. The module I recommended, and the reasons for questions is, the OP already has an Aux. device (CD changer). That module allows switching between the two, rather than replacing his changer.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
    This is the importance of the questions and necessary info. The "iSimple" adapter installs at the radio Aux. connector, meaning it will replace an existing Aux. device, or allow for one if none is installed. The module I recommended, and the reasons for questions is, the OP already has an Aux. device (CD changer). That module allows switching between the two, rather than replacing his changer.
    Yes, the details are important

This thread has inspired me to add an external AUX input to my 03 which I've wanted to do for a while but never got around to. My truck has the factory Bose sound with an AM/FM/6CD head unit which includes a [BAND/CD AUX] button. In researching the options you referenced on replacementradios.com and pac-audio.com it looks like I would need an iSimple ISGM535 and a Tech-2 to enable the Satellite radio input on my head unit. There are two other options listed (AAI-GM12 and PXDX) but their documentation indicates they aren't compatible with the 6CD head unit.

Am I interpreting this correctly and has any one else successfully added an AUX input to a 6CD head unit?
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

I called them and spoke with a sales rep. He asked a few questions and said I needed an I simple. When it gets here and I have any time. I will let you know how it goes.

Mark, do you know the model number of the unit they recommended? I noticed you also have an external drop down DVD player in addition to the 6CD head unit. I'm curious if they recommended the AAI-GM12, PXDX, or ISGM535.

I've since called both replacementradios.com and pac-audio.com and both recommended the ISGM535 for my truck. The replacementradios.com rep said I shouldn't need to enable the satellite receiver output with a Tech2. He said in his experience only Vans had that issue .. ??
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

they suggested 1 x 2003+ GM radio Dual Aux Audio Input: Peripheral PXAUX PGHGM5 (ISGM535-AI) = $89.99 and I bought it.

We will see.....

they suggested 1 x 2003+ GM radio Dual Aux Audio Input: Peripheral PXAUX PGHGM5 (ISGM535-AI) = $89.99 and I bought it.

We will see.....
    Thanks Mark. That's the one they recommended for me as well. I think I'll follow your lead and order one too.
    Bill
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD