Thread: Lb7 fuel in oil

Default Lb7 fuel in oil

So new to this forum I've been looking around to find out about this fuel issue in my 02' 2500hd ,I'm getting a lot of fuel into my oil the injectors were changed about 10k miles ago now I am a mechanic but I really don't do diesels according to a friend of mine ,who did the injectors at his shop,there is no way to find this fuel leak without replacing everything in the fuel system and by the time I'm done doing that the motor will just spin a bearing and need to be replaced anyway so I should just junk the truck. I kinda like my rig so I'm trying to figure the best course of action any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and just for a side note the injectors were replaced with factory gm parts ,I have also read that the return lines are prone to leaking after injector replacement that being said is there a way to diagnose this issue without pulling the valve covers?

First don't junk the truck and second get another mechanic. Third e-mail John Kennedy and ask for guidance and buy any needed parts from him. John is a advertiser and regular contributor to the DP. Additionally, if you are a gas auto mechanic you won't have any trouble fixing your diesel truck with help from the DP contributors.

Good luck
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .

There are really only 2 common ways (third is a very rare stretch) to get fuel in the oil.

1) Cracked/leaking/defective injector body
    2) leaking return lines (installation error)
    3) overpressurization of the return side due to plugged tank orifice (VERY RARE)

If it did not develop immediately after the work was done then I'd say it's probably injector body related. Later injectors do not tend to crack so this has not been a common issue since the 2001-2002 era bodies were used. These bodies are not used by Bosch for remans, but may be re-used by others.

I will add that MANY MANY of these trucks have been driven to the point that the fuel/oil mix sprayed all over under the truck and down the road and I can't think of one that I have ever heard reported to have wrecked the engine.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default fuel in oil

add oil die to you fuel then you can see the leak with a black light

Default fuel in oil

also did he clean the fittings on the inj I have seen them leak (high press) they should have been beed blasted