TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2018 - TDP's 22nd Anniversary
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > The Diesel Page Member Forums > 6.2L Diesel
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

6.2L Diesel 1982-93 6.2L Diesel - Member access forum for any questions or information exchange related to the 6.2L engine.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:51 PM

Question 1986 6.2l

My 1986 HMMWV odometer has only 5 digits on it, and I have went through 3 speedometers already and there are signs that the original meter has rolled over once maybe even twice, does that mean I win?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:36 AM

Default 1991 6.2

Unfortunately I cannot compete in the high mileage however I feel its worth a mention. I always kept track of my mileage for work and had a good idea what I was getting for fuel economy so in noticed when my odometer slowed down(Feb.2002) and quit working before 400,000km. I already had the manual glow plug switch and high idle It was not long after that I had my injection pump and injectors rebuilt. In 1998 I had put new glow plugs in before I figured it was the relay problem. Since the rebuild in 02 this truck has been great and have calculated over a million kms since I bought this truck new.A few years ago I actually put the original glow plugs back in. However ,this fall while driving it surged after pulling away from a stop, then once more and then died. Still hopeful I can figure out the problem because it ran so nice up to that point