Thread: Help with towing performance and MPG

Default Help with towing performance and MPG

Hello, I have a 2005 GMC 2500HD crew cab Duramax with 175,000 miles on it. Its running great and have had no problems with it.

I know nothing about all the aftermarket ECM programing products on the market.

I dont want to turn my truck into a hot rod or cause any damage to it. What i am looking for is something that will give me a little more torque and MPG. Money is not a big issue within reason.

Can anyone post some suggestions as to what i might look at as far as programing options.

Thank you.
    Last edited by wtpops; 02-11-2012 at 15:05.

From everything I've ever heard or read, you can't go wrong with Kennedy custom ECM tuning. My experience is limited to Edge and Banks power modules, with Edge being slightly more satisfying than Banks. But, there's still things about it that I'm not really satisfied with, so when I can finally free up the scratch (and convince the wife that we really need it), I've got a spare ECM that's getting sent to John.

Start HERE.
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT K3500 CC DRW.
    19.5" Alcoas with 245/70R19.5 Goodyear treads, AFE 5" exhaust, Edge Attitude CTS, AMP Powersteps, Bilstein 5100's

definately look at JK's custom tow/economy tune!
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Quote Originally Posted by GMC D-Max View Post
    From everything I've ever heard or read, you can't go wrong with Kennedy custom ECM tuning. My experience is limited to Edge and Banks power modules, with Edge being slightly more satisfying than Banks. But, there's still things about it that I'm not really satisfied with, so when I can finally free up the scratch (and convince the wife that we really need it), I've got a spare ECM that's getting sent to John.

Start HERE.
    I have had John's 100/250 HP ECM tunes for over 2 yeares and they are awesome. I run the 100HP tune daily and for towing. I only run the 250 Tune for special occassions, make the Cummins and Powerstroke owners hate ME.
    '03 Chev Duramax ext. cab, Kennedy ECM,After Market turbo,tranny, triple disk convertor, Exhaust Brake, electric tran. cooler, dual exhaust, Supertank 57 gallon.