Thread: The Juice on DMax 6 speed

I understand from US Diesel Products that some Max owners have Juiced their 6 speeds, but that this gives them only one setting i.e. 60HP.
    I would be very interested to hear from anyone with a 6 speed who has done this , before I make any decision to proceed. It would be much appreciated if you could advise any pros/cons associated with same after plugging in.

AndrewF

Few more weeks as rumor has it Edge will have a controller for you hand shackers .... You can purchase the Box now and get the controller when it's released ....

=> http://www.edgeproductsinc.com/FordI...20Monitor.html

You'll like it .....

MAC

Thanks Mac, sounds pretty good from everything I have read. Can you see any disadvantages to running with just the 60HP setting in the meantime? Will this blow anything apart !

AndrewF

No tow without gauges ,I see absolutely not a problem ......

MAC

AndrewF, check out tstproducts.com. Their Powermax box includes an in cab controller that lets you choose from stock up to level 9 power levels at any speed along with showing you exhaust temps and turbo boost so you don't have to go out and buy seperate gauges. Level 9 added 140HP and 360LBFT at the rear tires on the bone stock 6 speed truck TST did their testing on. I bought one of the originals back in Feb. for my 6 speed truck and have been very happy. Within the past couple of weeks they've come out with an improved version that has more and harder hitting power at lower rpms than the original version. New boxes are shipped with the new program and original customers can have their boxes reflashed to the latest version at no charge. Greg at TST will answer any of your questions.
    2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 6.6 Diesel <br />443+HP/944LB-FT unstacked #2 only

GMCTRUCK - thanks for your input.
    Would like to hear more about how this box has worked for you , ease of installation etc
    Please email me at butta@petrosul.com with your thoughts etc - perhaps we could chat.
    Pleased you have been happy with your unit -- any cons / problems at all ??

I just visited the TST site and notice that all their efforts seem to have been concentrated on Dodge and Ford trucks. Is their any literature on their trials with the Duramax Diesel ?

Scroll down the left side of their homepage to and click on 01-03 Duramax upgrades. They show dyno charts from a 6 speed truck. I don't think these charts have #s from the newest Powermax box. Should be similar peak #s but, the newest version makes more power at lower rpms than what those dated charts show.
    2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 6.6 Diesel <br />443+HP/944LB-FT unstacked #2 only