Thread: Any here done Chevy Cummins Conversion?

Default Any here done Chevy Cummins Conversion?

We found a mid 90’s Chevy dually in great shape minus an engine. I know very little about the truck so please bear with me on my questions. I do not know if the truck was a gasser or oil burner and I am not real sure of the year. I think the tranny is out of it so I have no idea which one it had. I did not go over it real thoroughly it was just a brief encounter. The information I learn here will determine whether or not I go any further with this idea. From what I did see the truck is in great shape. The tires look close to new and the interior looks real good. The paint looks decent but the clear coat is flaking off. I already have a 5.9 Cummins I had planned on dropping in a F350 chassis I have. This Chevy however it in waaaaaay better shape and more complete. If the tranny is gone I am assuming the transfer case it as well. I want this truck for highway hauling with the occasional need for four wheel drive. What am I looking at cost wise for a well built GM overdrive automatic tranny and T-case with what ever adapters I require to bolt it to that Cummins? Also, what other kind of expenses am I looking at to get that Cummins in the frame rails? Does it matter if it was a gasser or not? I can build or fab engine mounts if that is a problem. Anyhoo, I know next to nothing about Chevys and even less about dropping a Cummins in one. Any information would be very helpful. I will be going out there again tomorrow to pick up some parts I bought so I need to learn a lot between now and then.
    1995 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually with a 7.3 liter Powerstroke
    198? Chevy aircraft tugger with a 6.2 liter "Tugger"

Thanks, that is th ekind of information I was looking for.
    1995 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually with a 7.3 liter Powerstroke
    198? Chevy aircraft tugger with a 6.2 liter "Tugger"