Thread: built in battery isolation??

I had heard, read, seen, something about built-in battery isolation on the 2001 and newer trucks.

In other words, no seperate batt isolator needed for trailer, camper, 5'er, and such.

True?

Anyone ref a wiring diagram from the service manuals?

tks -- w/t
    2001 black truck, powerful engine,<br />pneumatic tires (4), <br />2-way glass, fully-upholstered inside seating, 12volt dc lighting, one-man steering wheel,interior heating, wipers, aftermarket 8-track...more.

I may be off base, but I thought the battery isolator was part of the camper nomally. On my '03 Lance it is a part of the camper's electrical system.
    \'03 Chevy 4x4 Dually EC, D/A. Rancho RS9000X, Air Lifts, Line-X<br />\'03 Lance 1030 Camper

oyazi Guest

Could be wrong but think your 'source' was talkin' about F*rds.

Hoppy1942:: that could happen, yes.

Oyazi:: I think that's it.
    I am thinking now that I heard it in ref to Ford trucks.

thanks for the input

w/t
    2001 black truck, powerful engine,<br />pneumatic tires (4), <br />2-way glass, fully-upholstered inside seating, 12volt dc lighting, one-man steering wheel,interior heating, wipers, aftermarket 8-track...more.

The Auxillary Battery Relay is only available with the gas engines. Reference Helms 2002, pages 6-1598, and 8-41.
    It would be mounted on fire wall, near A/C Accumulator, pages 6-1601 and 6-1604.
    02 Chev 2500HD Dmax/Allison X Cab LB 4WD
    Attitude, Monster Exhaust with Big Head, Michelin 265/75/16E LTX M/S on Alcoa Classics for summer hauling, Cooper Discover 238/85/16E M/S on PYO's for winter, B&W Goose Hitch with Companion 5th Wheel, Highway Products Tool Chest, Jordan Ultima 2020, Frederico sway bars front & rear, Air Lift SD Bags