Thread: Fuel Leak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question

Have been raw fuel smell in cab last couple of days. Tonight park truck, come out later in evening 12" diameter puddle under right side of truck. It appears to be coming off the right side of the bell housing. Can see anything above this that it is dripping from.

Any thoughts?

possibly the fuel filter, as it mounts on pass side, but its forward of the bell housing, extreme cause could be leaking injector pump, filling valley of engine. When you take off, it could slosh back there. I would check the fuel filter first. The injector return line comes from the front of the head on pass side so thats probably not it. Do you have hard start or other symptoms????
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

Thumbs down

Fuel filter is dry, but will climb up and check the valley. We are off to the dealer this morning.

Thanks!

I had a fuel leak a while ago. I had a fuel line that was loose at the injector. Dealer replaced the fuel line and have had no problems since. Mine was on the drivers side. The fuel would leak down the block and drip out and run down the frame, tranny and it seamed about everywhere. Quite a mess. The whole underside was coated in fuel along with the sheet metal inside and out from the front wheels back. I could not see the leak from above, but could see it dripping form below.

Might have the dealer check that out.

Good luck.
    2002 2500HD DA LS ExC LB 2WD, HOT Juice, Predator 1.04, BANKS Monster Exhaust, Deep Pan Alli, JK HB Kit, TTT Mirror, XM Sony PnP, High Idle w/ PTO Switch, Armacoat Liner, Black like the #3!<a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/3and77\" target=\"_blank\">PICS</a>

3-fan, I cant believe you didnt have a drivabilit issue. One more note, I have seen the FRPR leak also, its right behind the injection pump
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

Didn;t have reduced power or anything. Of course I was running HOT juice for the 1st time too, so maybe that compensated a little. I did have an extremely large cloud of evaporating fuel from the truck on the drive home. I bet you the people behind me got a good coating of diesel fuel too!!! Noticed it about 5 miles from home so I didn't drive it far that way. Had AAA coem take me to the dealer.
    2002 2500HD DA LS ExC LB 2WD, HOT Juice, Predator 1.04, BANKS Monster Exhaust, Deep Pan Alli, JK HB Kit, TTT Mirror, XM Sony PnP, High Idle w/ PTO Switch, Armacoat Liner, Black like the #3!<a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/3and77\" target=\"_blank\">PICS</a>

Kennedy Guest

The most common leak that I have seen has been the rail psi sensor located on the function block.

This is why I like this site so much!!! i Appreciate all the thoughts. Tech thinks it is at the function block. Will bring back tomorrow for them to tear into!
    '02 GMC,Duramax/Allison "FRMLPLR"(FarmallPuller) WORK
    '06 VW Jetta TDI ECONOMY
    '06 C6 Z-51 Convertible FUN