Thread: Bed Length in VIN?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bed Length in VIN?

Hi, new to forum and shopping for 1st diesel truck. Great site, great people willing to share their stories, good or bad - such a big help!

I've already settled on getting a 2500 series duramax truck, chevy or gmc no real big preference either way.

My question is does anyone know if there's a digit in the VIN of the Duramax 2500 series trucks that depicts which bed: short or long?

I know it sounds crazy but in some of the pics I've seen of used trucks, I can't tell and a lot of times the descriptions don't mention it. I don't know if it's the camera angles or just my aging eyeballs!

Thanks in advance.

Default Vin Question

Thumper, to answer your question, no its not in the VIN number. But if you can look at the Drivers door jam label ( Vehicle Certification Label )
    look for the model number. Like Model K25743 , The K meaning (selectable 4wheel drive ), The 2 meaning ( 3/4 ton ) , The 57 meaning ( the Short Bed ) and lastly 43 meaning ( crew cab ). Now there other numbers that can mean different things like, instead of the 57 number it could have 59, meaning ( Long Bed ). I hope this answers your question.
    Steve

Ahh, ok, that'll help Steve, thanks. I've seen a lot of sellers that have posted a pic of that lable, so I'll look for those numbers. Thanks a lot! Jeff