Thread: low oil pressure

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question low oil pressure

I just purchased a 2003 duramax 2500 4x4 crew cab 6600 turbo diesel. I just had 8 new fuel injectors installed...the oil pressure was in the red and the warning light/alarm came on. Fuel injectors were leaking. When I got the truck back from dealer after installing the new injectors, the oil pressure with warm engine at idle is at the first notch above red (approx 16psi). When I pull a 5th wheel the oil pressure needle is between the red line and the first white line. (Approx 10-14psi). Another dealer used a manuel guage to determine the oil pressue. It is 16 psi at idle. (not towing) Since GM says 14psi and above is ok there is nothing they know to do. I was hoping to pull my 5th wheel to the mountains but I am afraid the truck will not make it. On the highway the oil pressure is between 30-60psi. After $5,000 for new injectors and another $2,500 for other repairs and now I am afraid to drive the truck since the engine may blow. The truck has 131,000 miles. There is also electrical problems but the diagnostics say everything is fine. It has been in the shop for repairs 4 out of 7 weeks. ADVICE PLEASE !!!
    Last edited by Originalguy28144; 10-04-2006 at 20:13.