TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2017 - TDP's 21st Anniversary
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts


Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > The Diesel Page Member Forums > Member's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Member's Forum The Diesel Page Member community forum. General discussion forum for topics not necessarily focused on diesels.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 AM
DickWells's Avatar
DickWells DickWells is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Morrisville, VT, USA
Posts: 2,147
Default

The scariest aspect of the whole article, for me? The national exposure that Bernie is getting! The prospect that the one candidate worse than Clinton is getting constant free exposure to the masses with their hands out and disposed to vote for anyone who promises free-everything.

I don't think that Donald's about to do anything that doesn't have a good business prospect for him. Time will tell. Do we have a fox in the chicken coop?
__________________
04 GMC 2500 CC-LB - D Max/Alli -Edge Juice W/Moniter- S&B air- 4"MBRP -Loaded - 184 K miles -Love the XM and power - Towing 04 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 32 ft tag-along.
95 Suburban TD w/lots of stuff. Mechanical IP - No skips!
Retired- full timing all over the USA.
30yrs at Big Blue - no career - 12 yrs as gunsmith - my only career - NRA Life - SASS member/Black Powder Only!
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 09-11-2017, 08:53 AM
More Power's Avatar
More Power More Power is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 9,964
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_lucas View Post
We do actually know that because we have some information on the various dealings that happened:...clip...For all we know he's worth $5 and a bushel of bananas for all the hard information he's shared.
His dad died in 1999, according to what you posted. Wasn't the Donald a Billionaire by then?
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 09-11-2017, 07:04 PM
rapidoxidationman rapidoxidationman is online now
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Teton Valley, Idaho
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Power View Post
His dad died in 1999, according to what you posted. Wasn't the Donald a Billionaire by then?
How many times did he declare bankruptcy prior to '99?
How many times after?


On another note, it's a hell of of a thing when Putin sounds like the voice of reason. (North Korea)

On even another note, good on ya, Donnie Two Scoops, for actually reaching across the aisle on the debt ceiling thing. (should be interesting mid-terms...)
__________________
'85 Mercedes Benz 300D, for when I want to be stately.
'05 Mercedes E320 CDI, for when I want to be even statelier.
'05 Chevy K2500 ext cab long box DMax: Everything my '03 was and so much more!

There's no point being a pessimist - it wouldn't work anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:14 AM
More Power's Avatar
More Power More Power is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 9,964
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post
How many times did he declare bankruptcy prior to '99?
How many times after?
I suspect fewer times than the many hard working business owners, friends and neighbors we know that had to declare bankruptcy during the prior 8 years?
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 09-13-2017, 04:32 PM
N9Phil N9Phil is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: West Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 160
Default PRESIDENTS CABINETs

PRESIDENTS CABINETs

Very interesting read.
PRESIDENTS CABINETs
Here are some amazing stats
I. These 10 States now have more people on welfare than they do employed!
1. California
2. New Mexico
3. Mississippi
4. Alabama
5. Illinois
6. Kentucky
7. Ohio
8. New York
9. Maine
10.South Carolina
II. Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2012, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. Household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support.
What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day.
To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for 40 hour week, while the average job pays $24.00 an hour.
III. Check the last set of statistics!!!
The percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You know what the private business sector is: A real-life business not a
government job.
Here are the percentages:
38% T. Roosevelt
40% Taft
52% Wilson
49% Harding
48% Coolidge
42% Hoover
50% F. D. Roosevelt
50% Truman
57% Eisenhower
30% Kennedy
47% Johnson
53% Nixon
42% Ford
32% Carter
56% Reagan
51% GH Bush
39% Clinton
55% GW Bush
8% Obama
90% Trump
This helps explain the bias, if not the incompetence, of the last administration: ONLY 8% of them have ever worked in private business!
That's right! Only eight percent - the least, by far of the last 19 presidents!
And, these people tried to tell our corporations how to run their businesses?
How could Obama, president of a major nation and society, the one with the most successful economic system in world history, stand and talk about business when he's never worked for one?
Or about jobs when he has never really had one?
And, when it's the same for 92% of his senior staff and closest advisers? They've spent most of their time in academia, government, and/or non-profit jobs or as "community organizers."
Probably a good idea to pass this on, because we'll NEVER see these facts in the main stream media, or from the alphabet networks.
__________________
1995 Chev 4X4 1500 Suburban 6.5 TD,Phazer Gear Kit from JK, High Capacity Water Pump Kit from JK. Special Calibration fan clutch W/8 blade fan from JK
1995 Chev 4X4 2500 Suburban 6.5 TD>>SOL-D (parts car)
1999 Chev 4X4 2500 Suburban 454 "Gas Hog" with Hiniker C-Plow
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 09-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Robyn's Avatar
Robyn Robyn is online now
Missy Good Wench ( Moderator)
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Newberg Oregon
Posts: 9,281
Default

GAWD I LOVE IT...

I knew O was a loser, but that's incredible.

Thanks for sharing.
__________________
(1) 95 Suburban 2500 4x4
(1) 2017 Smart fortwo
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 09-13-2017, 05:07 PM
DickWells's Avatar
DickWells DickWells is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Morrisville, VT, USA
Posts: 2,147
Default

Well, what could we expect from the Chicago Gangstuh crowd? The Rev. Jessa Jackson, Rev. Wrong, etc.; none ordained except by each other and none having done a day's work in their lives, with all their lives furnished by the tax payers! And the one who milked the system the worst is now living in luxury just 2 miles from the house that he just vacated.
Fool us twice; shame on us.


Now, sit back and wait for the inevitable disclaimers by the Left, Lib, entitlement contingent.
__________________
04 GMC 2500 CC-LB - D Max/Alli -Edge Juice W/Moniter- S&B air- 4"MBRP -Loaded - 184 K miles -Love the XM and power - Towing 04 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 32 ft tag-along.
95 Suburban TD w/lots of stuff. Mechanical IP - No skips!
Retired- full timing all over the USA.
30yrs at Big Blue - no career - 12 yrs as gunsmith - my only career - NRA Life - SASS member/Black Powder Only!
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:08 PM
rapidoxidationman rapidoxidationman is online now
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Teton Valley, Idaho
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Power View Post
I suspect fewer times than the many hard working business owners, friends and neighbors we know that had to declare bankruptcy during the prior 8 years?
Do you suspect a minimum of 4? Do you suspect that number arguably grew higher in the following years? Do you know anyone who can begin to approach that number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Phil View Post
PRESIDENTS CABINETs

Very interesting read.
PRESIDENTS CABINETs
Here are some amazing stats
I. These 10 States now have more people on welfare than they do employed!
1. California
2. New Mexico
3. Mississippi
4. Alabama
5. Illinois
6. Kentucky
7. Ohio
8. New York
9. Maine
10.South Carolina
II. Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2012, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. Household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support.
What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day.
To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for 40 hour week, while the average job pays $24.00 an hour.
III. Check the last set of statistics!!!
The percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You know what the private business sector is: A real-life business not a
government job.
Here are the percentages:
38% T. Roosevelt
40% Taft
52% Wilson
49% Harding
48% Coolidge
42% Hoover
50% F. D. Roosevelt
50% Truman
57% Eisenhower
30% Kennedy
47% Johnson
53% Nixon
42% Ford
32% Carter
56% Reagan
51% GH Bush
39% Clinton
55% GW Bush
8% Obama
90% Trump
This helps explain the bias, if not the incompetence, of the last administration: ONLY 8% of them have ever worked in private business!
That's right! Only eight percent - the least, by far of the last 19 presidents!
And, these people tried to tell our corporations how to run their businesses?
How could Obama, president of a major nation and society, the one with the most successful economic system in world history, stand and talk about business when he's never worked for one?
Or about jobs when he has never really had one?
And, when it's the same for 92% of his senior staff and closest advisers? They've spent most of their time in academia, government, and/or non-profit jobs or as "community organizers."
Probably a good idea to pass this on, because we'll NEVER see these facts in the main stream media, or from the alphabet networks.
Very interesting BS, easily proved as such. I'll start with the first claim your chain email makes, then I'll give you free rein to actually try to think on your own. In other words, I won't waste my time (easily) disproving your post. Google isn't hard. My god you Trumpetts are gullible when a line of crap fits your agenda.
http://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/death-spiral-states/

Quote:
On Nov. 25, 2012, Forbes.com published an article by William Baldwin, an investment strategies contributing writer, that asked, “Do You Live In A Death Spiral State?” Baldwin’s advice to readers was to avoid putting capital in financially troubled states where people “dependent on government” outnumber those working in the private sector.
“If your career takes you to Los Angeles or Chicago, don’t buy a house. Rent,” he wrote. “If you have money in municipal bonds, clean up the portfolio. Sell holdings from the sick states and reinvest where you’re less likely to get clipped.”
That list of “fiscal hellholes,” as Baldwin labeled them, included Ohio, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, South Carolina, New York, Maine, Alabama, California, Mississippi and New Mexico. And they are all highlighted in the graphic above, which was taken from segments of the Fox Business television program Varney & Co., where Baldwin’s reporting was later discussed.
But Baldwin’s definition of individuals “dependent on government” is stated incorrectly in the viral email as simply those on “welfare.” Baldwin wrote that, among the dependents, he included current state and local government employees, as well as former workers receiving government pensions. And he only counted Medicaid recipients as those on “welfare.”
And none of the 11 states on his list has more Medicaid recipients than workers. Also, none of the states has more recipients of other kinds of “welfare,” such as TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) or food stamps (officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).
Baldwin told us in an interview that what he reported and what the email says “are not the same thing at all.”
Read the rest of the article. Don't handpick your "facts". Open your mind.


Pop quiz:
Who's administration crashed the US economy in '07/'08 (after being handed a budget surplus)?
Who started wars that have proven to be the longest in our country's history?
Who's administration got us out of the recession?
Under whose administration was Osama taken out?
Under whose administration did 9/11 happen (and what country's citizens were the only ones allowed in the sky in the aftermath? Odd given that the same country spawned most of the terrorists who took the day into infamy).
What country (it's the same one) is somehow NOT on Trump's "banned" list despite being the source of 9/11?

How's that whole "wall" coming? How about that "repeal and replace"? Hell, the 'pubs can't even get out of their own way, to say nothing of tweeting how much they like porn videos starring Cory Chase. Hypocritical morons.

News flash: Government isn't big business.

Rant over. Have a good night.

Edit: If you don't think Trump et al are milking the system (and changing it to their benefit) you have your head deeper in "the sand" than I thought.
__________________
'85 Mercedes Benz 300D, for when I want to be stately.
'05 Mercedes E320 CDI, for when I want to be even statelier.
'05 Chevy K2500 ext cab long box DMax: Everything my '03 was and so much more!

There's no point being a pessimist - it wouldn't work anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 09-14-2017, 08:43 AM
JohnC's Avatar
JohnC JohnC is online now
Enemy of the State
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Hampshire - Live Free or Die
Posts: 4,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post
Who's administration got us out of the recession?
Don't you mean "Who's administration prolonged the recession years after it would have died of natural causes?"

As far as who (or what) got us into the recession in the first place, don't underestimate the power of forcing lending institutions to make home loans to people who had no prayer of paying them off. It was a Ponzi scheme based on the ever increasing values of the homes, who's value was inflated by the glut of under qualified buyers. The collapse of that bubble had nothing to do with who was President at the time.

Bottom line: government meddling in social and economic matters never ends well.
__________________
"Need" - Wanting to get someone else's money.
"Greed" (formerly meant what "need" means today) - wanting to keep your own.
"Compassion" - a politician's willingness to arrange the transfer.
-Joseph Sobran

Current oil burners: MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510
Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '91 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 09-14-2017, 11:23 AM
rapidoxidationman rapidoxidationman is online now
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Teton Valley, Idaho
Posts: 1,207
Default



Unless you're a republican, then it's someone else's fault.
That is pretty much what your post is saying. And it is certainly how Trump is playing his game.

Edit: Who "forced" the lending institutions to give out high risk loans?
__________________
'85 Mercedes Benz 300D, for when I want to be stately.
'05 Mercedes E320 CDI, for when I want to be even statelier.
'05 Chevy K2500 ext cab long box DMax: Everything my '03 was and so much more!

There's no point being a pessimist - it wouldn't work anyway.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1996-2017 by TheDieselPage.com - All Rights Reserved