Thread: 2007 LMM dorne /vibration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2007 LMM dorne /vibration

Hi, its nice to be back. Can anyone please tell me how to change my pass word from the one emailed to me? I have a 2007, 2500 HD, I have a drone/vibration that I feel in the floor boards and I can hear it. it seems like its worst at freeway speeds. I have put new motor mounts and trans mount in with no change. I can feel it in the exhaust system and on the intake tube under the hood. The drone sounds like a diesel with a straight pipe on it. This truck has 50,000 miles on it and is all stock. has anyone experienced any thing like this?
    Than you,
    Mike Mog
    2007 CHEVY D/A. 4 DOOR AND 6 FOOT BED

PM sent regarding the password change.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Check to make sure that the pipes are not sagging and resting on the torsion bar cross member. The stds in the 3 bolt flange also tens to pop off when corrosion heaves them.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I checked the pipes and found nothing grounding out. It's really weird. I can feei the vibration in the front tires, the exhaust system and the body but when I touch the frame rail it's a very light vibration. The drone seems to be coming from high on the engine and is more pronounced at the top of the shift points. I can also feel the vibration in the air filter box.
    2007 CHEVY D/A. 4 DOOR AND 6 FOOT BED

Arrow

Have the front wheel bearings been eliminated as a possible?

Through the years I've had two diesel pickups that drove me to the brink, thinking there was noise coming from the engine. The sounds would come and go with engine speed, which reinforced the thought process. In both cases, it was a bad front wheel bearing that was the root cause of the sounds...

How are the drive shafts doing? Any play in any of the joints? It might take more than a strong hand to make play evident...