Thread: LLY Speedo buried past 120mph

Default LLY Speedo buried past 120mph

Last weekend when it was zero degrees, the speedo stuck at 76mph. It started out from there on my next trip and did it once more. It is now buried past 120mph. I have a 05 duramax lly. I have a juice module, so I know how fast I am going, and the odometer appears to be working okay so I am not too worried, but would like to get it fixed. Anyone else have this issue or know of an easy fix?

Thanks for your help.
    2005 2500 D/A Ext. Cab 4x4 SLE LLY- Edge Juice w/Attitude and Predator. KN Cold Air intake, 5" exhaust, Kennedy Boost Stick

This is a known issue across all GM trucks, do a search for speedo or gauges. My wife's 2005 1/2 ton Suburban had the same intermittent problem. I think GM came out with an extended warranty on this til 70 or 80k miles, of course ours was already over the mileage when it occurred and its intermittent so we didn't pursue it.
    mattb5150@hotmail.com

1993 K2500 HD ext.cab 4x4 - SOLD

2003 GMC K2500HD SLT EXTRA CAB/SB DMAX/ALLI, Bilsteins, Sulastic Shackles, Pitman & Idler braces, KD Headlight Harness, CAT filtration, Lift pump w/KD harness, Denali Door handles, Yukon exterior mirrors

2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Stoopider FAST

1996 VW Passat TDI 48mpg - SOLD

GM has a special policy on this, But its for 03 and 04. However since this has been such an issue with vehicles that are in the 05 - 06 range GM may take care of it. Ask your dealer to contact his factory rep and ask for help.

Battery was almost dead and tried starting, all gauges reset, speedo is working again.
    2005 2500 D/A Ext. Cab 4x4 SLE LLY- Edge Juice w/Attitude and Predator. KN Cold Air intake, 5" exhaust, Kennedy Boost Stick

For future reference, check out Florida Speedometer online. I have no experience with them, but have heard they do a good job of fixing these clusters.

It sounds like you have weak batteries. I'd suggest replacing before they take out your alternator.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I'm having the same problem. The word on the street is GM will fix it under warranty if it was manufactured before 12/04 and has less than 70,000 miles. I took my '05 to the dealer and they quietly acknowledged the extended warranty on the instrument cluster.
    2005 Chevy 2500HD, CC, SB, 4X4, Duramax, ARE Topper, 60 gallon RDS toolbox/tank combo, Kennedy Headlight Booster, Isspro pyrometer and boost gauges, EGR Blocker, PCV Kit, Bilsteins, 265 Michelin MS-2, TTS Exhaust, pulling 35' Jayco travel trailer.