Thread: 05 Dmax with Tune can it be turned off

Default 05 Dmax with Tune can it be turned off

This place is great!! Does anyone know if I can turn off my program or return to stock on 05 DMax? I don't know what I have other than a rotary nob with 5 positions.

I imagine there's a name somewhere on your programmer. If you dole out some basic information someone here might be able to give you an accurate answer.

I do believe it runs to under hood to factory wiring harness. Its just a two wire cable.

It sounds like somebody installed a DSP5 switch and custom ECM programming. There is no such thing as turning off the tuning. You will need to reflash the ECM to get stock.

What you are angling toward is reading with a scan tool. All datastream info still passes through just fine regardless of tune installed.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Well I'm have a drop in fuel mileage and a surging problem the surging is like a gas burner with a large cam. I'm thinking a fuel problem. But mechanic I asked if he could run a diagnostic on engine he said it needed to turn it off to run diag. And Mr. Kennedy you responded to an email I sent from finding your website last night Thank you!! And thank you morepower!!