Thread: CODE P 0093 MAJOR FUEL LEAK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LOOKING FOR INFOR ON CODE P 0093 BEFORE TRUCK GOES INTO SHOP. THERE IS NO FUEL IN OIL,NO LEAKS THAT I CAN FIND SEE, OR SMELL AND FUEL MILEAGE IS THE SAME. THANKS FOR THE HELP

Kennedy Guest

More specifics would help. Year/engine, and what mods may or may not have been installed.

How long since fuel filter was changed?

2001 6.6 DURAMAX NO MODS, FUEL FILTER 500 MILES AGO AND NEW ONE 50 MILES AGO. 104,000 MILES ON TRUCK

Kennedy Guest

Does it idle smooth and stead or doe the idle "pulsate"?

I'd have them look at injector balance and return rates. Could be either pump regulator or injector return related.

Arrow

Code sets when there is a difference of more than 20 MPa between commanded and sensed fuel-rail pressure.

1- Excessive vacuum pulled on the fuel supply can cause this code - due to a plugged fuel filter, plugged/kinked fuel hose, blockage in tank, etc. 2- Perform return fuel test.
    3- Test fuel-rail pressure sensor & circuit.

This is similar to P0087.

MP

IDLE IS SMOOTH,WHEN SERVICE SOON LIGHT COMES ON, TRUCK WILL ONLY RUN 2000 RPM, NO HIGHER.

madmatt Guest

sounds like a fuel filter

Kennedy Guest

Time for a trip to the dealer. I'd say injector return rates or pump regulator issue. The pump regulator is only on the 100k warranty, but any good dealer will "goodwill" it for you at 104k.

Be certain that you have good clean fresh fuel with no hint of gasoline or alcohol. If they ask tell them you only run Stanadyne additive. I'd suggest running FPPF Total Power, but the Stanadyne claim will not even raise an eyebrow...

went to dealer, and they say it`s the injector pump. GM will not warranty pump because it is 4k over 100k. this sucks. down loaded this site, told tech what to check for, but he said its the pump. tech better be right.....thanks for the help

I have my 01' with 180k in the shop now for the same problem. I have this problem repetedly when under a load. At 60k they warrantied the fuel pump. At 155K they replaced the injectors. We did several fuel filters and an air filter. Now they replaced the fuel lines because they saw a slight flat spot in the braided line, my cost was $550.00. They now claim it needs another fuel pump for about $1200.00 now at my expense. Is there any help to stopping the guess work repairs? This just doen't seem right for a HD truck doing mostly light duty, I am still on the first set of brakes and only half on the second set of tires.

madmatt Guest

have them inspect the fuel lines where they seal to the injectors. have seen them get corroded and leak fuel into the oil.

Kennedy Guest

Any good dealer should be able to get that covered, particularly if the vehicle was purchased there, and if there were no warranty claims or service records immediately prior to 100k.

Sounds like you need a new dealer....