Quote Originally Posted by stuntdoublejoe View Post
I now have the VRV/Vac Pump, so now my question is how do I change up the governor and shift points?
Hello there ... New on here ... Which trans are you going with .. If you use the TH350 you can get a variable modulator valve that you just make slight adjustments to until you get it shifting where you want it ... I am not sure with the TH400 .. but the 700R4 is the easiest of all.. you simply pull the pan ( you would want to install a new filter kit anyway ) and while you have it dwn you pull out the electric lockup actuator and put a 5/16 rubber ball bearing on it and place it back in .. this makes the 700 work completely automatic .... you then just have to have the shift valve control cable hooked up and set propely .. ( although there are different valves available for gas and diesels ) this cable not only controls the shift range but also controls the pressure applied to the clutch packs so it is vital that it is hooked up on a 700R4 ... I made this mistake once with my '66 chevelle and burned up my tranny ...