Thread: Tranny tube broke

Default Tranny tube broke

Does any one know how to get the old tube out, I lifted it enough to get the fluid draining out but it wont go any higher or twist . Do I need to remove the tranny cross member. It broke just above the weld point for the hold down. Being the tranny is a k2500 the tube has more bends in it than the k1500.
    1996 gmc turbo suburban
    K1500 with 2500 running gear
    Replaced fuel pickup, Fuel Relay, Ops, Apps,
    cleaned all grounds.

Welcome to TDP

You can probably get more room by lowering the back of the tranny (Remove the Xmember)

Hope this helps
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

I think there is a bellhousing bolt going through a lower bracket as well. I had this same thing happen but it was a few years ago so memory is a bit hazy. I remember reading posts about this saying it was a major pia but i think the whole deal took 1/2 hr. I ended up bending the upper hold down bracket closer to the tube a bit then straightened it out when tube was in place. Been there ever since with no problems.
    95 K2500 6 lug ecsb leather silverado, 2006 amg 18:1, kennedy exhaust, no cat, heath 2.0, heath boost control, ss diesel air filter, ata intercooler, high idle, bf goodrich 285/75/16 all terrains, remote pmd, three guage pillar pod